A camp for all swimmers of Bronze, Silver and Gold Squads aged 8yrs and above to our Swim Camp being held this Spring during the September 2018 school holidays.
The camp will be held at the same venue as last year, the Sports Super Centre at Runaway Bay, from Monday 24th to Wednesday 26th September 2017. This is the first week of the school holidays. The cost of the camp will be $210 per swimmer with the number of swimmers capped at 32. There will also be three coaches and one parent helpers. Please note that the cost of the camp is once again being subsidised by the club through our fundraising efforts through out the year.
The cost will include the following:
- 2 nights accommodation at the Sports Super Centre, Cnr Sports Drive & Morala Ave, Runaway Bay Q.4216:
- Accommodation provided is a 36-bed lodge; comprising of 8 x Quad Rooms and 2 x twin rooms.
- Girls & Boys will sleep in separate Quad Rooms.
- Coaches and the Parent helper will sleep in the twin rooms.
- There are separate male / female showers in each of the lodges and the twin rooms for coaches / helpers each have an ensuite.
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (“Rookie Menu”) are provided for at Trackside Bistro. Morning Tea, Afternoon Tea and supper can be self-catered within the lodge which has a kitchenette but no cooking facilities. We may choose to go out for dinner at either the Runaway Bay Tavern or the Runaway Bay Junior Leagues Club one night. Each is within walking distance.
- Bus transfer to and from Runaway Bay. At this stage the Bus will depart Grace College at 11:am. Swimmers however, will need to arrive at the pool no later than 9:00 am. Swimmers are scheduled to return to the pool on Wednesday 26th of September at 3:30pm.
- ·Other Activities being considered include – Day Activities include Team Building, Grit Olympics, educational sessions , and Learn to Surf. Night Time activities will be Laser Skirmish and a Movie Night.
Through the mixture of pool training sessions, land / strength training, team building and fun social activities, this camp aims to develop individual swimming capabilities, build relationships with fellow team members and strengthen the spirit of Team Grace.
To register for this fantastic opportunity and secure a spot on the camp we require an email confirmation email@example.com plus a $70 non- refundable deposit by the 8h of August. This can only be paid directly to the club via online transfer using swimmers name and SCamp18 as a reference. The balance would fall due by the 14th of September.