We would like to invite all swimmers of Bronze, Silver and Gold Squads aged 8yrs and above to our Swim Camp being held this Spring during the September 2017 school holidays.
The camp will be held at the Sports Super Centre, Runaway Bay from Wednesday 20th to Saturday 23rd September 2017. This is the first week of the school holidays. The cost of the camp will be $270 per swimmer with the number of swimmers capped at 32. There will also be two coaches and two parent helpers.
The cost will include the following:
· 3 nights accommodation at the Sports Super Centre, Cnr Sports Drive & Morala Ave, Runaway Bay Q.4216:
o Accommodation provided is a 36-bed lodge; comprising of 8 x Quad Rooms and 2 x twin rooms.
o Girls & Boys will sleep in separate Quad Rooms.
o Coaches and Parent helpers will sleep in the twin rooms.
o There are separate male / female showers in each of the lodges and the twin rooms for coaches / helpers each have an ensuite.
· All meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (“Rookie Menu”) are provided for at Trackside Bistro. Morning Tea, Afternoon Tea and supper can be self-catered within the lodge which has a kitchenette but no cooking facilities. We may choose to go out for dinner at either the Runaway Bay Tavern or the Runaway Bay Junior Leagues Club one night. Each is within walking distance.
· Bus transfer to Runaway Bay on Wednesday 20th September 2017. Bus will depart Grace College at 12.30pm. Swimmers will need to arrive at the pool no later than 12.00 pm.
· Parents are asked to attend the Sports Super Centre at 1pm on Saturday 23rd September 2017 to listen to the camp evaluation before the swimmers can depart the camp with the parents or nominated supervisor at 2pm.
· Other Activities being considered include – Day Activities include Boxing, Yoga, Pilates, Rock Climbing, and Learn to Surf. Night Time activities will be Laser Skirmish and a Movie Night.
Through the mixture of pool training sessions, land / strength training, team building and fun social activities, this camp aims to develop individual swimming capabilities, build relationships with fellow team members and strengthen the spirit of Team Grace.
To register for this fantastic opportunity and secure a spot on the camp we require an email confirmation email@example.com plus a $70 non- refundable deposit by the 11th of August. This can only be paid directly to the club via online transfer using swimmers name and Scamp17 as a reference. The balance would fall due by the 8th of September.
Places will be taken up on a first come, first served basis.
The swim camp is to be run by our Head Coach, Chris Phillips with Andrew Bow (Head of Learn to Swim). We're also in need of two female parent helpers willing to share a room to attend the camp and help in the management/ supervision of the swimmers attending. These parent helpers will need to be holders of blue cards by that time.
If you think you may be interested or have further questions please contact Chris at the pool or you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.